A Varicose Vein Self Exam is a good way to see if you may have a vein health problem? It is important to receive treatment for varicose veins and spider veins quickly once you know you have a problem.
Vein health can deteriorate quickly from a simple matter of unsightly veins or minor discomfort to more serious health problems, including blocked veins, blood clots, painful swelling, and circulation difficulties. Awareness is the best remedy.
Take a few minutes to examine your face,arms,and legs for problem areas and make note if you are suffering from any of the following symptoms of a vein health problem.
Common Signs/Symptoms of Developing Varicose Vein Problems
These symptoms may be intermittent or they may not seem worth a visit to the doctor, but they can indicate a worsening vein health problem and should be examined by a professional specialising in vein health:
- Protruding, swollen, or visible veins on legs, face, or arms.
- Chronic aches and pains.
- Heaviness in legs.
- Persistent swelling and discomfort.
- Cramping in legs.
- Burning or itching sensation.
- Intensification of spider veins.
Moderate Signs/Symptoms of Vein Problems
These symptoms may be observed occasionally or vary in severity, but they point to the need for a full venous evaluation:
- Chronic superficial blood clots, with occasional pain.
- Night time onset of restless legs.
- Night time onset of leg cramping or discomfort.
Severe Signs/Symptoms of Vein Problems
If you are suffering from any of the following, please seek immediate help from a varicose vein health specialist:
- Skin discolouration around ankles and calves.
- Tissue hardening around ankles and calves.
- Small injury that causes significant bleeding from a superficial vein.
- Unusual rashes or dermatitis.
- Open sores or skin ulcerations.
Melbourne Vein Care Specialists
Our Vein Care doctors, specialise in the diagnosis and treatment of varicose veins, spider veins, and other venous health challenges. If you live in the Melbourne area and you suspect a problem or have noticed symptoms, please call to schedule a visit – we have the most advanced and effective treatments available to help you!