What is sclerotherapy?
Sclerotherapy (also known as direct vision sclerotherapy) is an effective treatment option for small reticular and spider veins. The procedure is brief and relatively simple:
- Sclerotherapy requires no anaesthetic.
- A detergent solution is injected via micro-needle directly into the affected vein, causing the vein wall to collapse.
- The immune/healing system responds naturally – the collapsed vein is dissolved and absorbed.
- • Minor discomfort at the injection site is the most common adverse reaction and can be minimised by local pressure.
- Total treatment time is about 30 minutes.
- Depending on severity, multiple treatments per site may be required for best results.
Sclerotherapy offers tremendous advantages for the treatment of small reticular and spider veins. It is very fast, easy on the patient and typically provides very noticeable results in just a few weeks. It also leverages the body’s natural healing ability to remove unsightly veins and restore a youthful and appealing look.
What is microsclerotherapy?
Microsclerotherapy is the most effective treatment specifically for tiny spider veins. The procedure is otherwise identical to traditional sclerotherapy, offers the same benefits and in fact the two treatment terms are typically used interchangeably.
Vein Care has already helped thousands – we can help you too!
There is no need to suffer from diseased or unsightly veins, our team of experienced & friendly doctors and health care professionals help change lives for the better every day. Sclerotherapy and microsclerotherapy are recommended treatment options for many Vein Care patients. To learn more about treatment of small reticular or spider veins or to make an appointment for a consultation, please call our helpful patient service staff on (03) 9813 1535(03) 9813 1535 or 1300 730 1001300 730 100, or contact us online through our contact page.