If you think you may have a problem with varicose veins or spider veins.
Important factors to learn about varicose veins and spider veins:
- Varicose veins are more than a cosmetic problem. Left untreated, varicose veins can lead to serious health complications, including deep vein thrombosis, blood clots, swelling and poor circulation. Don’t think that your varicose vein issues are simply a matter of cosmetics.
- Varicose veins and spider veins affect both men and women, young and old. They are a problem that defies gender or age. Anyone who notices a problem with varicose veins, whether it’s simply cosmetic or related to health, can benefit from having it looked to see if it needs attention.
- Genetics plays an important role in determining susceptibility to varicose veins. You can inherit the trait from either parent, so don’t be quick to play the blame game. If your parents suffer from varicose veins, you should be proactive in your efforts to avoid them: review our articles on correct eating, preventative care and exercise to reduce your odds of developing varicose veins or spider veins.
- Home remedies typically only slow down the problem. Home remedies for varicose veins, including compressions socks, witch hazel and other balms or ointments, are not proven solutions for varicose veins or spider veins. They may be able to slow down development of abnormal veins or provide pain relief but these are usually only temporary.
- Advanced treatments are better than ever at eliminating varicose veins. Today’s non-surgical varicose vein treatments are more effective and more convenient than ever, and reduce the occurrence of future problems. Solutions for varicose veins and spider veins are almost pain-free, do not require lengthy time off your feet and can reverse years of damage in just a couple of hours.
Vein Care specialises in providing patients in Melbourne and nearby areas with the advice and most advanced treatments for varicose veins, spider veins and other circulatory issues. Come in today for a consultation, we can help you!