5 Lifestyle Changes for Healthy Veins can point you in the right direction for optimal vein health.
Some simple lifestyle changes that can assist your overall health and well-being and in the process, will give your veins a better chance at staying healthy.
There is no magic recipe that guarantees you will never need a sclerotherapy procedure to repair spider veins or varicose veins. But there are several lifestyle changes you can make to help minimise your chances of needing vein treatments.
Here are 6 that can help you maintain better vein health as you age:
- Maintain a healthy weight. This is good advice for overall health as well. For your veins, staying at a healthy weight takes pressure off your venous system, making it easier for veins to do their job of shuttling blood around your body.
- Stay at a healthy blood pressure level. High blood pressure negatively affects the health and efficiency of your veins; staying at a healthy blood pressure reduces the effects of aging on your veins.
- Stay active regularly. Frequent exercise keeps your blood pumping and your veins active and doing their job.
- Wear appropriate clothing. Wear clothing that is loose and comfortable around the waist, groin, and thighs. This helps prevent artificial constriction of your veins and makes it easier to maintain proper and healthy blood flow.
- Avoid standing or sitting for long periods consecutively. If your work requires extensive sitting or standing, remember to take frequent breaks, at least once an hour, to move around and stretch.
Melbourne Vein Care Treatment
If you are already fighting symptoms of spider veins or varicose veins, visit Vein Care in Sydney for a consultation. Our staff have years of experience diagnosing and successfully treating vein and circulatory problems, we can help you too. A consultation doesn’t take long and can help you avoid serious health complications in the future.