If you are Preparing for Sclerotherapy Treatment there are a few things you can do to get yourself ready for treatment. The more prepared you are, the less you will have on your mind the day of the procedure.
Sclerotherapy is one of the safest,fastest and most convenient outpatient procedures available. It’s minimally invasive, has extremely minor recovery time, and offers the absolute best results for treating and eliminating spider veins and varicose veins.
With a little bit of preparation, your procedure can go even more smoothly.
Here’s are some tips for preparing for your sclerotherapy treatment:
- Do not apply any moisturizer, lotions, oils or balms to the area to be treated for at least 24 hours prior to your visit.
- If your legs are being treated, please shave them before coming in.
- Wear clothing that is comfortable and a bit loose.
- You will typically need to wear a compression stocking for some time after treatment; while wearing a compression stocking, wear a skirt or loose pants to make certain the treated area heals properly.
- After treatment, limit your activity that might disturb or put pressure on the treated area: this may include refraining from jogging, exercising, or lifting heavy objects. Your doctor will advise you when it is appropriate to resume these activities.
- Sclerotherapy treatment is very effective, however some time may be required to notice complete results. Within a month or so, the treated vein should completely disappear. It probably won’t return, but if it does a follow up procedure will be required.
Melbourne Sclerotherapy and Vein Care Specialists
Vein Care is the most experienced and respected provider of sclerotherapy treatments for Melbourne and surrounding suburbs. We do everything we can to make your procedure a comfortable and successful one, with fast service and maximum convenience. If you think you have a problem with varicose veins or spider veins, come in for a consultation: we will help you find the best solution. Our doctors, nurses and specialists are Melbourne’s number one vein health providers.